"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

May 21, 2012

21 May 2012

Dear Sisters and Elders,

I am so grateful for the tender mercies of our Father in Heaven as he blessed me with the opportunity to have close and personal spiritual, missionary experiences with many of you this week. I was also shown spiritual insights about you as we prepared the transfer board. I pray again that you will see His hand in the transfers. It is always a miracle to me to see it unfold amidst many valid distractions.

The prayerful intent of the Transfer Board outcome is to improve the Mission’s opportunity to fulfill our divine purpose to find, teach, baptize and retain and to place each missionary in the best possible environment for their spiritual growth. At the start of each Transfer effort, I feel inadequate to accomplish the required task. At the same time I know that He will give me the required insight as He has always done in the past. The Assistants, Sister Summerhays and I  fast, pray and talk together. As  we kneel in prayer before, during and after our work, almost always I am unsettled about some of the proposed changes.  I feel such a sacred responsibility  to see that these changes meet His approval. I always find a time to spend  alone looking at each of you on the board asking in prayer if this move will bless the work and your growth. I always pray for the ability to feel His love for each missionary and to see every individual in the way He desires me to see you. Such a bright view of everyone allows my heart and mind to receive inspiration that will help bring out the best gifts that you can possess. On occasion that will require Him to give you experiences that will reveal your weaknesses that through Him can become your greatest strengths. I always pray that His purposes will be accomplished. I believe that He has orchestrated the transfer. He believes in every companionships ability to find, teach baptize and retain and that each individual missionary can experience divinely orchestrated growth and progress.  Once again, It does not mean that any companionship is perfect, but it is the Lord’s way. We can have perfect mornings. We can be diligent, productive, and happy in these companionships through humility, love and deep devotion to the daily responsibilities of our service. Remember This. We do not always live up to the privileges He provides for us because we fail to see His orchestration in our circumstance and therefore we fail to move forward with faith, hope and an optimistic spirit.

Again, I pray for your ability to see His hand and the virtue in all things including transfers. Again I pray for your ability to follow the counsel to “come what may and love it.”. And once again I am grateful that this day I saw you in the best of Light and that I sensed this day your best potential and once again today I had hope in your beautiful future.

I love you and I believe in you.

President Summerhays

No comments:

Post a Comment