"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Friday, August 7, 2015

April 16, 2012


Hey Family!


I don't have a whole lot to report on this week actually....probably because I don't feel like I was in my area hardly at all.  On Wednesday I went to a meeting in Sarasota that took up half of the day.  Now I can't remember if I've told you this, but the mission is doing another missionary musical fireside.  I'm singing in it, and we are having three different performances.  One was yesterday in Lakeland, and then the 22nd in Odessa, and then a final one on the 29th in Sarasota.  Anyways, because of how far away all of those places are from the southern half of the mission I got the mission van in Tampa on Thursday evening after a choir practice in Sarasota (yep I went there the next day) and drove it all the way back down to Ft. Myers.  Fortunately I had a few days to meet with people, and things are going so well.  Janelle finally told her parents that she want to join the church!  I can't even imagine the anxiety she was feeling as she mustered up the courage to talk to them.  They have taken it all fairly well.  They're not particularly excited or supportive, but they know that she's old enough that she'll make her own decisions.  Because of that, we're officially on for her baptism this Saturday.  I can't wait.  She has been learning about the church for about a year and a half, and is ready.  She really wants to have a family in the church, and knows how important that would be.  She is really good friends with the English family in the ward and that was what originally got her interested in learning more.  We go to Family Home Evening over there on Monday's and she and Joy come there.  Jobiana is also doing so well.  She has completely finished the Book of Mormon this week!  I can't believe how much she has learned so quickly.  As we talk about the things that she's read, she can recall even the little details from the stories.  Things have been a little shaky between Jobiana and Frans (her fiance), but it has all worked itself out.  They're still planning on the wedding at the beginning of May, and I can't wait.  Jobiana has also sent the missionaries to her family's place in Brazil, and she told us, "I'm not even a member, but I'm a missionary!".  She's great.  

Well I hope all is well with you all back home.  I love you and hope to hear from you soon!

Love,

Elder Kade Bartschi  

No comments:

Post a Comment