"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Years!!

It sounds like you all had a great last week of Christmas break. Gained a few pounds and hid from the snow: yep, that sounds just like what I remember. I'm sure I've gained a few pounds, but not too much white stuff here in Florida. In fact it was 86 here the other day haha. It's great starting a new year, and I'm looking forward to people's schedules slowing down a little bit. "Call me after the Holdiays" can't be their excuse anymore ha.

One really good highlight of this week was another lesson with Frank Jones. He called us about two hours before the time he wanted to meet, which works for us because our schedule has been pretty flexible, but finding a member to be there that quickly can be tough. We made some calls and got Brother Briggs to do it. He's from Rexburg, and he and his wife just moved into the area because he's an actor at Disneyworld. Anyways, he's a great guy, and we ended up being able to get Frank to meet us at the church. Our lesson covered faith in Jesus Christ, and when we discussed that we started showing Frank around the church and kind of explained how our meeting process works. We got to the picture of Christ being baptized, and starting talking about that example that was set for us. I asked Frank that if when he finds these things to be true for himself if he'd be willing to be baptized...I didn't even get to finish the question before he answered "Yes, definitely" haha. I was pretty excited about that. He hasn't attended church yet, but once he does I think that setting a baptismal date would be possible. We then watched The Restoration, which brought a great feeling to the end of the lesson. He identified feeling the Spirit, and promised to keep reading and praying. He works on Sunday mornings, so he's working on getting that changed.


In other news, I'll be transferred on Tuesday. We found out on Saturday that my over 5 month stay in Citrus Ridge is coming to an end. I'm being moved over to Gulf Port, which is a small branch just south of St. Petersburg. I hear that there's a lot of work to do there and good people. I'll be serving with Elder Ames from St. George, UT. He's been out one transfer less then me I think, and I've heard a lot of good things about him. It's really odd to think that I'll be leaving this place! I know that I've been spoiled here way more then I probably will be elsewhere, from always having a car, to an awesome apartment that anyone (not just someone with missionary standards) would want to live in, to great ward members. But what's comforting is knowing that I know I can love this next place just as much as Citrus Ridge. It may be different in some ways, but the gospel is the same no matter where in the world you go. Also, it will be fun going back to the St. Pete zone. That's what zone I was in when I served in Palm Harbor, and I really enjoyed it then.

Well the last couple of days have been filled with goodbyes and promised return visits. Also I've been guaranteed free tickets to Disney. Any takers?? And they told me to come back on my honeymoon....I'm not quite ready to think that far ahead haha.

I love you all, and hope that getting back into the swing of things goes well!

Love you,

Elder Kade Bartschi

No comments:

Post a Comment