"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, September 6, 2010

Hey Family!!
This has turned out to be a really good week. Well a lot of our investigators have really seemed to struggle progressing lately, so the start of the week was really easy to plan for us....lots and lots of tracting. But the good thing about tracting I guess is the few nice people you meet, and then the crazy stories. My favorite places to go are the rural little roads that people wouldn't normally think about. Fortunately they have quite a few of those here. Well we talked to an old baptist lady named Emily that wanted to argue a bit, but overall she was really nice. Then we talked to a crazy lady. Actually it was more of a one sided conversation...her yelling at us. She was shaking her wooden spoon at us while informing us that no she didn't want to hear about our church and she never will! Ha I just smiled and said, "Okay, you have a good evening!" which probably only ended up aggravating her worse.
We did have a couple of great visits with people this week, though. The Montgomery's are an older part member couple that are in our ward. Bro. Montgomery isn't a member, but he absolutely loves family history, and is actually over that for our ward. Well we went to visit them, and I decided to pick his brain on the subject a little bit. He was more then happy to help me out. We looked at the Kunz line (he was really impressed with all the work that's already been done), and it was pretty amazing. He has a membership with some of the genealogy websites and he was able to pull up a picture of the actual handwritten census of Samuel Kunz, James H. Kunz, and Merle Kunz. It was pretty incredible to see. Another part member family that we visited is the Bish family. Well once again the wife is a member, but the husband isn't. Bro. Bish is really into theme park stuff, and he's decided that I'm a pretty good audience to show his toys off to. Ha when we went to see them he tossed me a box of the Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans from the Harry Potter Theme Park and told me they were mine to keep. We got to talk to him about the kind of stuff for a while, and then normally when things get spiritual he suddenly disappears. Well this time we were able to talk about testimony meeting and then he stayed for the prayer as well. Hopefully things are able to progress with him.
Well this week we were able to set a baptismal date! Yeah, I was pretty dang excited. Tracie Vaughan is the investigator that has been meeting with the Orlando missionaries. She's successfully quite smoking and coffee, and right now we're just waiting for her to buy a marriage license. Her boyfriend is from Kenya, and they have a really cute little baby. Tracie's mom is a member, and she was there for the lesson that we were able to have with her. We were teaching the Law of Tithing which was a bit hard for Tracie to swallow because things are a little tough for them financially. Well I asked Tracie's mom if there have been times when she's seen the blessings from paying tithing. He mom was able to share her testimony of tithing, and Tracie promised that it's something that she'll honestly try hard to work towards. It is a tough concept sometimes, but I know that the Lord has promised us blessing when we do it.
Thanks for all that you do! I love you guys so much and I'll keep you posted on all that goes on here in Florida.

Love,
Elder Kade Bartschi

So these pictures are of Bro. Staber (ward mission leader) cutting my hair this morning. Haha he's a hilarious guy. And then the other one is of the Bertie Bott's every flavor beans from the harry potter theme park that a non member gave me. Ha his wife is a member and so is his daughter, and he really likes me. Consequently he gives me things I guess haha. I'm a big fan.
So I hope you like these pictures. On Friday night we went to the Burgoyne's house (they live in the country) and while we were getting ready to eat, Ross (the kid in the white shirt...he kinda looks like Cody), came in and yelled "There's a snake in the backyard!". Well we went out and looked and it was a cottonmouth. A shovel and a .22 later this is what was left of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment