"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello family!

This has been a pretty good week here in Citrus Ridge. We've gone tracting a lot, and we've been seeing a lot of good stuff happen. The funny thing is that it hasn't necessarily been from the tracting, but I know that it's blessings from trying to talk to people. If that didn't make much sense (it does in my head, but that's not saying much) hopefully I can explain.

So I'll give you the bad news first and then the good news. You don't really get an option. Ha but our investigator with a baptismal date, Tracie, informed us at our lesson last week that she's going to be moving...this week. They apparently got into a fight with their landlord because he wasn't fixing stuff so they stopped paying rent (not a good idea in case you were wondering). It went to court and since they lost they had to relocate. The best deal they could find is in the Orlando area. It's kind of a bummer, but it was fun to work with her while we could. She's at the point that I know she'll get baptized soon.

We had some pretty neat experiences this week from tracting though. A lot of communities in this area are gated, so when we were driving on Friday we saw a bus dropping kids off at a housing complex and they had opened the gates to let the kids in....so we just kind of followed them right in. Haha what ever it takes, right? Well while we were knocking we talked to a really nice guy named Etonne. I'm not sure if he's from Haiti or something, but he was extremely nice and accepted the offer to have us come back and have a bible study with him. He told us that he's always more then happy to increase his knowledge. I think it'll be a great teaching opportunity. Also in that neighborhood we talked to a Muslim man named Teddi. He's from a British controlled island off of India I think, and was really nice. He invited us right in and gave us water and talked to us about his religion. It was really interesting to hear about his religion, and apparently he liked my curiosity because before we left he told me that the Spirit had prompted him to give me a Quor'an. It was a copy that he's had for years and is really marked up. He was really sincere about it and told me how important it was to him so I happily accepted. I tried to give him a Book of Mormon and he already had a copy. He wants us to stop by again and hopefully I can talk to him a little about "my book" instead of his haha.

Those were definitely some great experiences, but we've been seeing some blessing from the ward members as well. One family has talked to us about possibly teaching their friend and his son, there's a non member living with the family that we're going to have a FHE lesson with tonight, we just got a referral from the bishop of a couple that read the Book of Mormon and live in our area, and a new family moved in and the husband isn't a member but the wife wants us to possibly work with him. And all of that are opportunities that have come to us within the last week or so. I know that the Lord is blessing this area and it's pretty exciting to be apart of this work. Pray that we'll be able to work with these people! It would be an awesome experience to be able to teach some if not all of them.

I love you guys and appreciate all of your support! Know that I'm praying for all of you!

Love,

Elder Kade Bartschi

This is a huge orange field that we were riding by last monday when brother sensor took us off roading! Ha it was pretty dang cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment