"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hey family!

So this had been a slow week, but pretty good as well. It seems that some of our more promising investigators are losing the fire that they had a couple weeks ago. A lot of unreturned phone calls, but still a lot of positive has gone on as well.

We have a new investigator named Tracie Vaughan. She was working with the Orlando missionaries because that's where he mom lives, but since she lives in our area she'll be finishing the lessons with us. We've been trying to call her for over a week, but she wasn't answering or returning the calls, so we decided that we were just going to stop by. Well she was home and we got to meet her and her boyfriend and set up an appointment with them for Friday. Her boyfriend is from Kenya and he's not too interested in the church, but he's a great guy. We showed up while he was cooking lunch, and when we were getting ready to go he said, "You showed up while I was cooking. Now you can't leave until you eat!" Ha it was authentic African food, and it was really good. We had a really good conversation with both of them, and we're hoping to get Tracie to our ward soon. There's a bunch of awesome young couples in our ward that will make good friends for her.

We also had a couple pretty good visits with some of the less active members in our ward. A new family just moved in and the mom and daughter are active, but the dad isn't. Well we had a meeting scheduled with him and got to have a really good discussion about the Spirit. He knows that it's something that has been lacking in his life and it's something that he is really wanting to get back. Before we left he asked for a blessing and we were able to do that for him. He's had bad health problems for a while, but he has such a strong desire to mack it past those and get back to church. We're really praying that his motivation doesn't burn out. He was married in the temple, and his goal is to get to where he'll be able to baptize his daughter in May.

Now about transfers. Not much is changing around here. E. Kitchen and I will stay in Citrus Ridge for another transfer. I'm glad to not be leaving. I really like the members in this ward, and I know that there's people in this area that we'll be able to get to progress. We seem to have a lot of people that are potentially ready to learn more, and when we talk to them they get so excited about the gospel, but then once we leave them they lose the fire. Kind of frustrating sometimes, but it always seems that the positive experiences we have really outweigh the negatives. It's just a matter of choosing what to focus on.

So a couple of funny stories from the week....We were tracting the other day and it was getting a little late. It was probably a little after eight and the sun had basically gone down. I'm learning that once that happens a lot of people forget what being friendly is. Well I knock on the door and I guy yanks the door open and says, "What do you want?" I told him that we were missionaries and he immediately informs me that "We're Lutheran. We do Lutheran things!" And then slammed the door. Kinda rude, but pretty dang funny as well haha. Also we got caught in a pretty nasty rain storm the other day. We were on our way to the ward mission leader's house, so luckily we didn't have to bike all the way back to the apartment. Well I was drenched and so was my stuff. I decided that maybe if I warm my planner up it'll dry faster. Ha so I stuck it in the mini oven that we have for toast, and well...it looked like toast when it was done. Haha I think it just adds character. I'll have to send you a picture of it.

Well I love you guys so much!! Keep working hard and let me know how you're all doing!

Love,

Elder Kade Bartschi

Just a cool lizard that we saw. They're everywhere here.
And then that's the result of my fried planner. haha Hey these are pictures of the zone, me and a pretty funny sign i saw in the red neck part of our area, and then the cow field in front of the giant resort. Obviously not all the construction took place that they wanted ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment