"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello my Family!!
Wow, well that has been quite the week...No longer am I in Sebring, but I got moved AGAIN on Friday. I think that I've set the missionary record...I'm just over two months into my mission and I've been in 3 zones, 4 areas, and had 5 companions. Haha by the end of the week I wasn't quite sure if I was even in Florida anymore. Well, I am now in Citrus Ridge and Elder Kitchen is my companion. I'm pretty sure the president thought I was going to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown by Saturday because E. Kitchen informed me that he was told not to mention the week I'd just gone through. Ha but no worries, I'm adjusting to the changes. Missionary work is the same everywhere you go, and it will be a fun area to be in. It's RIGHT next to Disney World; in fact, part of the Animal Kingdom is in my area! Ha but unfortunately that doesn't mean I get to go there because the actual entrance isn't even in the Tampa mission.
A bunch of the missionaries did end up getting sent home, Elder Nielson among them. That's probably part of the reason why I didn't get to stay in Sebring. One of the missionaries there was on the list of potentials to leave, but in the end he got to stay. I really wish I could have stay in the trio though. The three of us got along REALLY well. Just imagine me, Tyler, and Brandon in a companionship....actually maybe it was inspired that we didn't get to stay together haha. But speaking of Tyler, I haven't been getting his emails for the past couple weeks...could you start that up again? I was able to meet a lot of great people there, and they even have a really strong investigator that I was able to help teach. Luckily there's people to teach everywhere, though.
Grandpa, thank you for the talk you sent! Honestly, it really helped me when I read it. Going between three different companionships in a week has been a roller coaster of personalities. Elder Nielson and I got along socially but missionary work wasn't his favorite activity, E. Orr and Dougherty were hilarious and we got stuff done, and then E. Kitchen and I are doing pretty well together. He seems to like to argue with everything I say, which occasionally provokes verbal retaliation from me, but I'm working on being more kind. Haha I'm going to blame that trait of mine on my sweet 'ole Mama. I just don't enjoy it when people try and talk down to me...maybe that issue with authority (or at least people who think they have authority) comes from my Dad?? I'm not sure. I guess I'm just screwed up genetically...haha jk.
The ward here is great, though! When I introduced myself to the bishop we started talking about where we're from. I was first tipped off because he could pronounce my name correctly without me saying it first, but it turns out that he's from Sugar City! Ha he asked if I knew Arlin, and I just laughed and said, "that's Grandpa!". Apparently he grew up in their ward. His name is Dayne Bratsman and his family owns the lawn and leisure store in Rexburg. It's a small world out here, especially if you happen to be LDS. Also, nearly half the ward works at Disney World, and I'm not exaggerating. Not only that, but they love it. Ha one of them told me that he thought the magic would disappear when you work there, but he said it doesn't at all. Plus they all get free tickets there! When the AP's called to tell me I was going to Citrus Ridge they said that I'd be there for a while and would be able to "put down some roots". Ha so I'm thinking that I'll get to be here for quite some time...but who knows, right? The apartment building here is extremely nice, and we're able to email from the front office, so I won't be complaining about that at all.
WHITNEY!! I'm so dang proud of you! Haha when I read that (on the car ride to Sebring) I just started laughing and shaking my head. And then I had to tell the rest of the guys in the truck. Ha I couldn't help it. Do you know how great that is?? I'm sure you do, but I'm really excited for you. Yes, I would like you at school with me, but I guess if not me then Britt is a pretty good option to. Ha but let me know what happens!
Now I have a few questions....missionaries here are heavily dependent on having a GPS. Dad, or the rest of the family for that matter, if you see a good deal on a nice one (garmin, maybe?) maybe you could get it for me? There's plenty of money in my account for one, so let me know if you see one and could send it to me. My address here is 8117 Champions Cir. Apt. 304 Champions Gate, FL 34747 (maybe you could check the zip code to make sure).
I love you all so much!! I really appreciate your letters and support. Let me know what's going on in your lives because I love hearing it! I know that this gospel is true and every time I have the opportunity to teach someone new it helps my testimony grow. I know without a shadow of a doubt that what I'm doing and where I am is exactly right for me. In the MTC they told us that the field is white already to harvest, so until the prophet announces that it's turned brown and mushy we are to work with the faith to find. That's a promise for each and every one of us.
I love you guys! Have fun in PHX and Cali!
Love,
Elder Kade Bartschi

These were my companions throughout the week. Ha Crazy huh?
Elder Nielson

Elder Orr and Elder Dougherty

Elder Kitchen

This is one of the P-days from the last transfer at Clearwater Beach. It was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment