"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, July 19, 2010

Here is a letter sent home from Kade, he received this from President Summerhays.

I thought that this was pretty comforting.
Kade


Dear Sisters and Elders,

I pray you will all see His hand in this transfer. He pays attention to the details of your life’s experiences. Be grateful for His orchestration of your present circumstance by making your area and companionship prosper.

I want to thank so many of you who are giving your very best in His service. I am inspired by the desire and effort that you are giving to fulfill your purpose to:

Invite others unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.

I find myself reciting this purpose many times throughout the day, and I have felt deeply that it is His purpose. As I prayed and fasted during the transfer process, a thought came into my mind that we must focus as a mission on the SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS.
In response to this prompting, our focus for the next 6 weeks will be on obedience to the Preach My Gospel Refinement List.

"When the Lord commands, faithful obedience regardless of the apparent size of the task, will bring the Lord’s guidance, assistance, and peace." Elder Bruce A. Carlson Ensign May 2010, pg70

Elder David A. Bednar counsels us that “Obedience opens the door to the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost”

I believe in your capacity to be valiant, courageous and obedient. Please do not settle for anything less from you or your companion.
I love you!

President Summerhays

No comments:

Post a Comment