"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello my family!

It sounds like you all had a good week topped off with a trip to Vegas! Not a bad way to spend President's Day. Ha well this has been a good week. It feels like last Monday was a lot longer then a week ago, but I guess when you change areas that happens.

So on Tuesday morning Bro. Hui helped me pack all my stuff in his car and we took off for Seminole. It's only about 30 minutes north of Gulfport so it's not too big of a transition distance-wise, but I was surprised with how much of a difference there is with the people. Ha Seminole has a lot of older retired white people. Especially this time of year. I miss my Marquesha's and Brooklyn's, but they'll be well taken care of.

The first couple days I was in a tri-panionship. Elder Gallagher has been the zone leader in the Seminole area for the last 6 months, but a few weeks ago he tore his acl playing basketball. It required surgery so he found out a couple weeks ago that they were sending him home. His flight didn't leave until Saturday, so E. Gallagher, Moffett and I were together for a few days. It was actually really fun being with both of them and I was able to learn a lot. Both of them are really great teachers so I was fortunate to observe them. One investigator that we are currently teaching is Paige Wilson. She's 18 and is living with a family in the ward and has been attending church with them for the last couple months. We were able to meet with her a few times this past week, and it was awesome each time. They've been working on building her faith in God, and when we had a lesson with her on Sunday she told us that she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. She has some family issues right now, but she told us that being baptized is her goal. Also she met with the Bishop this past week so that she could apply for BYU-I. Ha so who know, you just might get to meet her.

We also did something really fun this week. In our missionary planner it has idea for finding people to teach. One of them is to have a free car wash and offer people tours of the church while we wash their car. Not a bad idea, eh? So on Friday Elder Moffett and I made phone calls around the ward and got everything prepared and also got the rest of the zone excited about it. A lot of the zone was able to come and we all met at the Seminole church on Saturday morning. A couple of the missionaries stood on the side of the road with "Free Car Wash" signs and the rest of us were armed with sponges, hoses, and towels. Ha it wasn't quite as successful as we had hoped (only 1 person actually consented to getting shown around the church), but we had a lot of fun and left a good impression with people.

There's also a couple less active families that we're currently working with. I still haven't met all of them, but I think there will be a lot here for us to do. Have a great week and know that I'll be praying for you!

Love you all,

Your Favorite Floridian (I hope)

a.k.a.

Elder Kade Bartschi

No comments:

Post a Comment