"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, February 14, 2011

Dear Sisters and Elders,

The transfer board has the Lord’s hand and His spirit in it. As you pray, ask for confirmation from the Lord that His will has been done. As I looked into the faces of each one of you, I felt the love of our Savior and our Father in Heaven working through you. I pray you will feel their love in that same way.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Preach My Gospel with you. I have seen many things within those pages that I haven’t seen before, and I have been reminded of some things that I have loved before. I would like to share some of the gems that I have picked up along the way.

Page xi: Preach My Gospel is for the full-time missionaries of the Church. However the principles and doctrines taught herein are also applicable to ward missionaries and leaders as they seek to build the Lord’s kingdom. Frequent study of this manual will enable them to fulfill their responsibilities as member missionaries and will foster unity with full-time missionaries. This is very effective for member work. Please teach the members from Preach My Gospel!

Page 4: You have been set apart for your sacred calling with the promise that the spirit will be given as you meet the requirements set by the Lord. Enjoying the gifts of the spirit should be one of your earnest desires. Please continue to get the spirit and keep it.

Page 4: Honor Christ’s name by your actions.

Page 11: you can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the spirit working through you. Again, please get the spirit and keep it.

Page 11: you are successful when you are obedient, live righteously, and do your best in helping others live the gospel. Please be obedient.

Page 2: As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel of Jesus Christ will increase.

I love reading Preach My Gospel with you. I would love to hear about your favorite gems. You are some of the best young men and women born into mortality. A mission is a near perfect environment for your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ to grow and mature and for this spiritual knowledge to blossom into spiritual power. As this spiritual knowledge is deeply implanted in your soul and matured throughout your life, it will flow to your children and grandchildren and generations to come. This is one of your greatest responsibilities as a missionary, and it is one of my greatest desires as your Mission President that you internalize this here so you can be the best husband, father, wife and mother and member of the church in your future.

I pray that you will see His hand in your daily life and acknowledge it. I love you and I continue to pray for you. I have hope for your beautiful future. Happy Valentine’s Day.

President Summerhays

Florida Tampa Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment