"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, December 27, 2010

Hey my family!

It was great talking to all of you on Saturday! I'm a pretty big fan of being able to skype home. It was also nice to see that you're all just as I remember you haha. Maybe a few small changes here and there, but definitely the same people.

The week of Christmas....a completely different time of year when you're on a mission. It took me a while to figure out that even though it didn't quite look like Christmas, it would still be coming. But I don't think I've ever really focused on the real meaning of it all as much. A lot of the people that we've been working with canceled on us this last week due to the Holidays, but we still had some awesome experiences. The first of which was with Alex. We're were a little out of order as far as teaching the lessons go, but we were able to teach him the Restoration of the Gospel this week. Some people are blessed with the ability to accept and understand things easily, and he's definitely one of them. When we shared the first vision with him, he honestly didn't even question it. He shared some miraculous experiences that have happened in his life and made it so that he knows for sure that God cares and loves him as well as the rest of His children. When we started teaching him about the Book of Mormon he got a really big smile on his face, and I asked him what he was feeling. At first he wouldn't try and describe it to me because he felt dumb, but then he let us know that when we were talking about the book he had the strongest impression that he had to have a copy and to read it. He said that he's had that feeling a few times in his life, and whenever he feels that way it always works out for his benefit. After our lesson we couldn't give him the book fast enough. Alex isn't sure if he's going to move to Texas or not right now, but hopefully we have more opportunity to work with him. I know that he's been prepared to hear this message, and whether he accepts it here or in Texas I'm excited for him.

We had a good lesson this week with Frank Jones as well. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation, and he really enjoyed it. He likes to understand all the little details as well, which means he asks a lot of good questions. His Dad recently passed away, and I think that what we covered with him really made sense. He's been listening to the Book of Mormon on his phone as well as reading it, and he said that he's praying about all of it. Frank is really open to all of this being true, and I know that as he continues to learn more he'll come to know that it is.

Christmas was a lot of fun though. On Christmas Eve we went over to Bro. Staber's and he made us Manhattan and New England style clam chowder. It was awesome, and we got to open our pajama pants (thanks Mom)! Then on Christmas morning we went back over there and opened our packages from home. Thanks so much for taking care of me! All of it was awesome and I really appreciate you guys. I saw that pictures that Dad sent, and it looks like you all had a great time. I love you all and hope that the start of the New Year is fun!


Love you all!

Elder Kade Bartschi




No comments:

Post a Comment