"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello my family!
Well it sounds like things are going well back at home. You're all busy and getting things done. Things are going well here as well! It's been a little discouraging because we haven't been able to meet with some of our investigators that we would like to, but hopefully that changes. It seems like Luis has fallen off the face of the earth. He was really progressing and attending church, and then suddenly he's not returning phone calls or coming to church. We're not sure what happened there, and it can be a little frustrating. But on the plus side, Joan and her grand kids are doing really well! We had our Christmas social at church on Saturday and we had called Joan to invite her. I wasn't banking on them showing up, and it seems that whenever I feel that way they do. Ha maybe I should just always plan on them not being there. Well anyways, they showed up and our ward was awesome. Immediately the Relief Society president grabbed Joan and insisted that she come sit with her, and the kids came and sat by E. Larson and I. Joan really hit it off with a couple of ladies in the ward, and we were actually some of the last ones to leave the party because they were all talking so long. Ha but that's the way we'd like it to happen. All of the ladies asked Joan if she'd be to church the next day, and she let them know that she'd really try. Well fortunately it worked out again, and they were there yesterday! Karys and Kelsey were able to go to Young Women's and they really liked it, and Khyser went to Primary. He feels a little old to be in there, but I felt that same way at his age. Ha I remember being mortified at the idea of singing in the Primary Program when I was 11. Ha but we're planning on meeting with them this week and hopefully are able to teach the Plan of Salvation.
Another great story from Sunday...We were walking down the hall after sacrament when a member in the bishopric flagged us down. He was talking to a guy that wanted to talk to us....Al is his name and this is pretty crazy, but he had been shopping in a local grocery store and found a Book of Mormon in there. Don't ask me how or why there would be one laying around in there, but he took it home and started reading it. He's read through 1 Nephi and let me know the the "Isaiah chapters were really tough" but he's on his way to finishing 2 nephi right now. Oh and did I mention that he's been listening to D&C on audio tapes in his car? Ha I was pretty floored as he was telling us all this. He's still very apprehensive about it all, but he attended a great fast and testimony meeting and told us that he had a really good feeling during the meeting. Al wasn't about to tell us where he lived just yet, but he took our phone number and let us know that he'll be in contact. It was a lot of fun having them all at church and it probably looked like were were running all over the place trying to play host, but that's because we were. Ha but I'd much rather have it like that.
I love you all and hope things are going well back home! I'm really grateful for all of you this holiday season. I also feel so fortunate for the message of the restored gospel that I get to share with others. It has made all the difference in my life, and I know that it does the same for everyone that accepts it. I'm grateful that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us all so much that he sent his son to suffer for us so that each and every one of us has the opportunity to make it back and live with him again. But not just as individuals, but we can be there as families. I love this gospel and all of you as well. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Kade Bartschi




Here's a couple pictures from off-roading last p-day, our Christmas tree that we have, and then Holy Cow Rd. Haha I was laughing so hard and we had to snag some pictures of it. Oh and just so you know, I'll be home for Christmas is playing....again....ha

No comments:

Post a Comment