"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello my family!!!!
Wow it's so nice to finally get to write you! Well I've officially survived a week at the MTC! It was so hard to say bye to all of you at the airport, and I will admit that I came really close to losing it a couple of times that day. Ha but it was so nice to have Greg and the family pick me up. He was pretty good at keeping me from stressing out too much. It was basically a whirlwind of a week though. I seriously can't believe that it's been over a week since I got here. The days are absolutely packed with class time and activities to make sure we're prepared when we finally get out there (and I'm assuming to keep us from thinking about home too much). Thanks for all the letters, though! Ha the district makes fun of me all the time because I by far get the most letters in the district. I was counting today and I think in eight days I've gotten around 20 letters haha it's pretty awesome.
My companion's name is Elder Mat Marshall and he's from Portland. His Dad is a dentist and he's the youngest child (remind you of anyone??). Haha but he's a pretty cool kid. He and I teach really well together, and normally we get a long really well. My district is full of kids dedicated to becoming prepared, and it really pushes me to study and work hard. We've been told by our branch president and by our teachers that we're one of the most prepared districts they've seen (they must be talking about the other guys because I still feel like I know absolutely nothing). Oh, but crazy fact. Robbie Atkinson from St. Anthony is in my district! Ha talk about a small world. And I see Bryce Thompson here all the time as well. It's really nice to get to see people from home! The food here is...pretty good, but obviously very bad for you haha. Luckily for me and my belt I'm only going to be here for a week and a half longer. My teachers here are seriously incredible, though. Everything they teach us is really helpful and motivational. Watching them teach while they were actually serving would have been an awesome experience. They work hard to keep us motivated and we actually got to have a devotional on Tuesday by Elder D. Todd Christofferson! It was really awesome getting to hear from an apostle of the Lord. He taught us that our job is to cry repentence to the people and to work as hard as we can.
I think that I fly out on the 7, so I don't have much time here left! I've really enjoyed myself though. When we have gym time I always make my way over and play volleyball with all of the guys from the islands. They are all insanely good. Ha but they all are really nice because I'm the only white kid there that kinda knows how to play. Send me some pictures though!! I brag about all of you to the people in my district, and I want some pictures to keep on my desk. Also could you send me a black belt sometime? Mine is a little beat up, and I didn't realize that before I left (I think I have some in my closet??). All of you sound like you're having some good experiences! Whit, congrats at state track! And Blake that's awesome you sent the ball over the fence!! Ha I wish I could see your successes, but I know that what I'm doing is inspired work. My testimony has never grown as much as it has over that last week. This is where I need to be, and I can't wait to get to Florida to teach the people there. Keep sending me mail and let me know how life is!!!
Love yo bro/son/missionary,
Kade

No comments:

Post a Comment