"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012

Hello my family!

Things sound so busy back home right now. Babies and a broken finger sounds like a lot to deal with. I'm really excited to hear about Britta though! This whole pregnancy I keep forgetting that Britt was pregnant, but now whenever I see someone that looks like they're really close to having their baby I think of my sister. I'm praying that everything goes well with the new baby this week.

We had a pretty good week here. Jobiana and Helena (yeah, we found out this week it's spelled with an "H") are still progressing really well! This week we taught them about the Plan of Salvation, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Word of Wisdom. I know that sounds like a lot, but Helena was on Spring Break and we were able to have three lessons with them. One of which was on Saturday night when we got to meet her husband. His name is Fronce and is from Brazil as well. He is a really nice guy and listened intently to all of the things that we had taught. We discussed the Restoration with him so that he could have an understanding of what his wife and daughter have been learning. At the end of the lesson he accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and said that he would read and pray about it. We also asked him what he thought about Jobiana and Helena getting baptized and he just smiled and said, "If it makes them happy, it makes me happy". We also did end up moving the baptismal date to the 31st of March. Both of them will get baptized between sessions of General Conference. You would be amazed by how much they already know and understand. Every time we have a lesson they'll say something that makes me shake my head and just laugh because they're so ready to join the church.

We also had a good lesson with Janelle. She decided that she wants to find out why people don't like the church, which basically turned into her stumbling across anti-mormon literature. She brought that to our lesson and we were able to walk her through all the concerns that she had. Honestly, she is really ready to be baptized. She feels the Spirit and has a testimony, she's just worried about telling her parents. We talked to her about setting a goal date for baptism and that as long as she moves forward with faith, the Lord will prepare the way. After some discussion, she decided on April 21! Not a bad day in my opinion. She came to church this Sunday and we'll be meeting up with her again this week. Oh, and Joy got back from her trip to Italy this week. We didn't have a lesson with her, but we will this week.

Well I love you all! Have a great week and I'm really excited to hear how everything goes.

I love you!

Elder Kade Bartschi

President's Letter

Dear Sisters and Elders,

Thank you for your labors! March Madness finding!! You are really doing it.

I know that as we persist in doing all we can to find New Investigators, we will increase our capacity, inspiration and insight to increase the number of people we find whom the Lord has prepared. We must continue to make finding new investigators a passion, mindset and culture in the entire mission.

Two weeks ago we found 115 New Investigators, this week we found 158 New Investigators!!! This is a magnificent effort! You are giving it your all! We are so close to our goal. I know we can do it. Please continue to do all you can to access the enabling power of the Atonement to positively effect the people represented by the Key Indicators in your own proselyting area. I know your happiness and joy will grow as you access that power.

Miracles are happening in the mission. You are stepping up to the plate. I feel so fortunate to be working with you. I am confident we are on the right course. We just need to continue our March Madness finding emphasis for an extended period of time.

Success on our Mission and in life is contingent on doing the right things, in the right spirit and doing them long enough. Paul knew the secret when he said:

“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Gal 6:9)

I pray for you. I love the feeling that comes to me as I think of you in those prayers. I feel a friendship, confidence and gratitude toward you that is strong and sweet. I am confident that we are a winning team. Thank you for your humility. Thank you for your faith. Thank you for your diligence. Thank you for your love. The work is true. I believe in you.

President Summerhays


March Madness finding: KNOCK and it shall be opened unto you ::180 “If” is the key word.

No comments:

Post a Comment