"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

Hello Family!

It feels a little weird to be emailing you twice this week, but now I can finish some updates. Reading over my last email I could tell that I was more than a little scatterbrained when I sent that off. Ha but fortunately things have simmered down a little bit, so I can organize what I'm thinking.

So I always knew that things were probably pretty busy in the office around transfer time, but I had no idea to what extent. After I emailed you on Monday morning I saw everyone at the office kick it into high gear. We went home and grabbed our suits after a little while and enjoyed a minute of P-Day before heading over to the airport to pick up the incoming missionaries. It was really crazy seeing the airport again and having the flashbacks of my first day in Tampa. Their plane was right on time, and it was truly awesome to see 14 missionaries walk off the shuttle. After greeting them with President and Sister Summerhays we loaded up all of their things and took them to the mission home. Another place I have been to except for my first day. We had dinner there and got to know the new missionaries, which was cool. Most are from Utah, California, and one from Malad, ID. Following that president interviewed them one at a time as we gave a short training on what some of the missionary work is like here. I observed for a lot of that because next transfer I'm going to be the one doing a lot of that because this is Elder Cook's last transfer. Elder Cook is great by the way. He's the first companion that I've had from Idaho, and he went to a year at Utah State before his mission as well. Anyways, after that we entertained the missionaries until president was done with interviews (10:00 pm), and then went into his office and we started placing trainees with trainers. It all seemed to fall into place, and after about 30 minutes, we had it where we felt like everyone was supposed to be. By the time we got home it was about 11:30, and rushed to bed to get a few hours of sleep before heading out again. We got up at 3 am so that we could head down to Ft. Meyers to pick up the new trainers there and a couple on the way back up to the office. It's about a 3 hr drive, and we got all of the trainers to the church by about 9am. Not too shabby. We changed into our suits following that and got ready for the trainer-trainee meeting. Seeing as how it was tradition, I got to conduct the meeting and tell them all who their new companions would be. That was really cool, and quickly after the meeting we sent everyone on their way. I won't get into the details of the rest of the day, but we spent it moving everyone around and getting situated. All in all, we crawled into bed at 12:30 am. 21 hrs straight. Ha ffortunately we haven't had to do that again this week because I'm not sure how well my body would handle that.

So the area that I'm serving in is the Tampa Bay YSA. We cover USF's campus, and so far I love it. I almost feel like I'm back at college again, except for this time I don't go to classes and stress over homework. But instead, we're trying to help college students realize that they need the gospel in their lives. It'll be a blast, and I'm really excited about that.

Well the rest of the week hasn't been too eventful besides taking things around the mission every now and again. If nothing else, I can see that the Lord's hand is in his work. There is no possible way that we would have been able to accomplish the things that we have without Him. There were a couple of time this week where we looked at our watches and saw that we were right on time for something even to the exact minute, that I was positive that we would completely have missed. It's amazing to see how it all works out.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Kade Bartschi

No comments:

Post a Comment