"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hey Family!
It's been a pretty eventful week here in Citrus Ridge. We were able to meet with most of our investigators, and it's been a lot of fun to see them progress. But first off, congrats on making it to the tournament, Britt! Portland will be a fun place to spend Thanksgiving, but I'm pretty sure it won't be as warm as Florida. Just in case you were wondering haha.
Anyways, we've been working really closely with Jonathon Turner this week as we've been preparing him for baptism. He's really smart and always blows me away with how much he retains from what we teach. He's been excited for his baptism all week and when he was getting interviewed on Friday, most of the time the missionary who was interviewing him didn't have time to get through the question before Jonathon started answering it. Ha but unfortunately he came down with a bad case of the flu on Saturday night that carried into Sunday, so his baptism will be postponed until this coming Sunday. And since we got transfer calls this Saturday and found out that we'll both be staying , I'm not too bummed about it. I especially didn't want to leave this area so close to the holidays, so I'm pretty happy about making another round in Citrus Ridge. They also asked me to be district leader as well, so I guess I'll be trying my hand at that. I'm not quite sure what that entails, so hopefully I don't mess it up too badly.
We had a lesson with Luis on Tuesday of this week as well. He's extremely busy, like always, but we had a great lesson talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We can always really feel the spirit during his lessons and when we approach the subject of baptism with him this week he told us that he wants to go through with it! He's not ready to set a specific date yet, but I'm really excited about the progess that he's been making. He's promised to read the parts of the Book of Mormon that we've left him, and we'll be following up with him tomorrow.
Another great lesson that we had this week was with a lady named Alexandra. She is friends with a member of our ward, Sis. Romo, and we were able to teach about the Holy Ghost while she was there. Alexandra had awesome questions, and at one point even teared up. She's probably in her 20s and is currently looking for the right church for her. We'll be meeting with her on Tuesday as well and I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes.
Well I love you all so much! Let me know how your Thanksgiving goes, and I assure you I'll be well fed here. Probably too well, but that's okay ha.

Love, Elder Kade Bartschi

No comments:

Post a Comment