"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question - Unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth."
-D&C 50:13-14

Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Sisters and Elders,

General Conference as always was so uplifting. I, with you, once more received a witness of the reality and the blessings of being a member of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that we are led by prophets, seers and revelators. It is an enormous privilege to serve with you at this time.

Last week I promised you that If you would listen attentively to conference and write down the things you received, you would find a hidden gem just for you. Did you find it? If not, as you make conference your walk and talk for the next 6 months, it will be there.

The hidden gem for me was to simplify. I want to live a consecrated and simplified life! I also loved when we were admonished to not “beat ourselves up”. That is something I have often heard Sister Summerhays tell you missionaries. Wasn’t it great to hear Elder Scott pound on Satan? He said pointing, “Satan’s destiny is fixed. He has no power.” Before I was a missionary, I was a Pro. I have often taught that to be successful, we need to go with the PROS- pray, read, obey and serve. So I loved when Elder Scott said we should “pray, read, obey and serve.” Elder Perry reminded us of the great privilege it is to have the priesthood, and that the Lord needs YOU to declare the Gospel to the world.

President Uchdorf taught us that “Pride is a deadly cancer. Don’t inhale it.” President Eyring talked about reading the scriptures. He told us that the revelatory process happens as we ponder them.

Obviously these are just a few of the gems we heard at conference. I would love to hear some of your favorites. And I, with President Monson, quote from Robert Frost, “I have miles to go before I sleep. ..and I have promises to keep.” Let us all press on in this great work. Let us continue our faithful commitment to perfect mornings. Let us have faith in the promises from our leaders, and strive to keep the promises we have made. Your present and future happiness is my deepest desire. Following our Prophet will provide that happiness. I love you and I believe in you.

President Summerhays

No comments:

Post a Comment